Established in 1945, we are Nigeria’s longest surviving indigenous bank.
Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients. In 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise which culminated in a decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional authorisation in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja in 2011. However, in 2015, the bank was granted a national banking licence by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory services to its numerous customers. The Bank operates a network of over 140 branches and service stations across Nigeria, backed by a robust ICT platform.
To give every customer a delightful and memorable service experience.
To be the financial institution of choice in service delivery and superior returns.
Our Core Values
- Synergy is a key facet of business success; it creates new untapped alternatives, recognises, values and exploits the mental, emotional and psychological differences between team members.
- The ultimate outcome of Teamwork in a Service Organisation, like ours, is a Satisfied Customer.
- Respect for ourselves guides our morals
- Respect for colleagues guides our manners
- Respect for customers guides our service delivery
- At Wema Bank, Mutual Respect is our guide to serving all customers – internal and external.
- Peak performers are never satisfied. Beyond merely winning over the next customer that walks into the organisation, they perceive the lifetime value of each new customer. Furthermore, they have a long-range perspective that inspires commitment and action.
- Nothing impedes an organisation faster than people who believe that the way they worked yesterday is the best way to work tomorrow or staff who exhibit an unfortunate “Not-Invented-Here” syndrome.
- Fostering Innovative ways of meeting our customers’ dynamic needs is imperative to keeping and attracting new customers for today and tomorrow.
- Experience can accomplish a lot but true professionalism and exceptional service delivery will bolster customer satisfaction.
- At Wema Bank, we breed Professionals who strive valiantly to deliver a delightful and memorable service experience.
Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
The Wema Bank Brand reinforces our key differentiating factor which is Responsiveness
This is the single concept which drives the understanding of what we do, who we are and how we go about our business. It is the one word that best personifies the behavior, products and services of the Bank.
Our Brand is driven by a desire to develop an intimate relationship with our customers, putting us in a position to identify their needs and priorities.