We are glad to introduce to you our aggregated online payment solution that accepts both local and international cards for payment of goods and services called Wema WebPay.
It is a payment engine integrated into merchants’ website to receive payments from cardholders (MasterCard, Visa, Verve e.t.c) paying with their cards online for goods and services after which the merchant receives value in his account when payment is made.
It is an online processing platform that enables businesses with or without functional websites accepts card payments from customers globally.
It ensures that your business can accept payments conveniently on its website from customers all over the world. With Wema WebPay, your website will also have the functionality of monitoring and viewing consolidated reports of transactions irrespective of channels.
How does this work for a merchant?
- Merchant signs payment integration forms for Wema WebPay
- APIs will be exchanged between Wema Bank and customer’s web developer as part of the integration process
- Following completion of integration and successful testing of the payment engine on the website, payments by customer can commence.
- Merchant is provided with a reporting console to view transactions as they occur online real-time.
- Merchant’s account is credited for payments made on her website
How does this work for a cardholder?
- Customer visits Merchant’s website and adds desired items to the shopping cart.
- Customer selects card type or Internet Bank to pay with.
- Shopping cart links to payment interface for the selected card type.
- Customer securely keys in card information with other required security details
- Once payment is successful, an online receipt is displayed on-screen and can be printed by the Customer.
- Religious organizations & NGOs
- Online retail stores
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Electronic Shops
- Accepts local and international cards
- A single integration connects a website to MasterCard, Visa, Verve and Internet Banking of Nigerian Banks
- An easy way of turning a website to a transactional e-Commerce platform
- Alternative payment channel with convenience
- Wider customer reach as online presence and payment with cards lead to increase sales
- The economy now demands card payment as a preferred option to cash with large handling charges for individuals and companies who withdraw and pay large volume of cash
- Reduces risks of theft and other risks associated with cash handling
- Robust reporting tools for online real time transaction monitoring
- Real-time online processing of transactions i.e. instant debit of cardholder’s account immediately payment is made.
- Payment is received by merchants within 24hour
- Highly secured by 3D secure code and VbV (Verify by Visa)
- Flexibility of making payments for goods & services via Internet Banking on is very secure due to adequate network and enterprise security built into the system by the Bank.
- Maintenance of an account with Wema Bank
- Completed Application form( Click here to download application form)
- Existing website (Wema also has an arrangement in place if non existing)
- Working with your existing website developer
Enrol for Wema WebPay Here