What can be easier than opening a bank account by just dialing a code on your mobile phone? Wema Bank has partnered with Etisalat to onboard new customers and give them a delightful and memorable service experience via USSD banking.
- Daily transfer limit is N30,000.00, at N3,000.00 per transaction is N30,000
- Maximum account balance is N300,000
- No airtime or data needed to open a Wema EasySavers account
- Customers can upgrade to a regular account with less restriction by visiting a Wema Bank Branch nearest to them.
- Code is simple and easy to remember
- Customers can use for self-help as well as a wide range of uses like bill payments and funds transfer
- It can be used on any mobile device
- There is no need to fill any forms as account can be opened and operated through an Etisalat line
To open the account, Etisalat customers dial *945*10#
- The customer details in Etisalat records pops up and displays the Options;
– Open account and
- Upon selecting option 1, the customer gets a text message from Wema Bank communicating the account number: “Dear Audu, your A/C No is 0233489993. Dial *945*BVN# to link your BVN or visit any of our branches to conclude the account opening process. 01-2777700”
- Once account number is received, customer dials *945*BVN# to link BVN OR visits any branch for BVN enrollment and link the account number to make it operable.
- Customer then registers his PIN to be able to use his account (for security purposes). To register PIN, a customer provides his account number and create a PIN (any four-digit number). Once PIN is created successfully, you can start carrying out transactions.
For short codes you can use for transactions,click HERE (links to *945#)