Personal Current Account
Want a standard, no-frills current account that allows for cheque issuance and lodgements?
Personal Current Account is an ideal current account for your basic banking needs. It comes with a debit card and allows you to issue and lodge cheques. It can be opened by an individual, as a joint account or by registered businesses. Open a Personal Current Account Now.
- Minimum opening balance of N2,000
- No minimum operating balance required
- Allows use of cheque for withdrawal by self and third parties from the account across the Wema Bank branchnetwork
- Allows cheque lodgement/cheque clearing by bank on behalf of the customer.
- Attracts maintenance fee based on CBN approved rate
- Supports credit facilities e.g. Overdraft facility, Term loan, Salary advance, settlement of monthly installments, etc.
- Convenient transactions through issuance of cheques
- Unlimited number of withdrawals/transactions
- No restriction on minimum balance
- Transaction alerts through SMS / or e-mail
- Supports all e-products (debit/credit cards, mobile banking, internet banking, etc.)
- Any individual who would like the flexibility offered by a demand deposit account
- Individuals who wish to operate a joint account
- Completed account opening form (Download/Open an account here)
- Copy of valid ID(Driver’s Licence, National ID Card, International Passport or Voter ID Card)
- Copy of Utility bill (PHCN bill, Waste bill or Water bill issued within the last three months)
- Two passport photographs
- Two References